Forensic & Litigation Support
We provide timely, clear and in-depth financial analysis for lawyers and clients who are involved in potential or pending litigation or dispute resolution proceedings.
- Fact-finding (including assistance in the discovery and analysis of financial information)
- Quantification, evaluation and assessment of economic loss and damages
- Valuations of shares and businesses
- Due diligence reviews
- Forensic accounting (including reconstruction of financial statements and information where business records have been lost or destroyed)
- Fraud investigations
- Expert testimony
- preparation of expert reports
- Critical analysis of other expert reports
- Digital Forensics and Data Recovery
Our Litigation Accountants assist lawyers and clients through the process of presenting the commercial submissions which include drafting statements, providing reports during the case and advising on settlement. They present complex financial concepts and issues in a manner readily understood by the relevant parties and the courts. When engaged to participate in the process, they analyse what actually happened, develop assumptions about what would have happened but for certain circumstances, and explain these facts and assumptions in the form of an opinion.
Litigation accounting calls for a combination of skills in audit, accounting, taxation, consulting, management, information technology, valuations and investigations. Our accountants are highly qualified in these areas and possess sound commercial expertise, an appreciation of the practicalities of modern business and an understanding of the intricacies involved in litigation.
Technical proficiency, efficiency and cost effectiveness are the hallmarks of our Forensic & Litigation Accounting Services.