NPOs face their own unique management difficulties. While many excel in their primary roles and activities, they often struggle to keep abreast with relevant rules and regulations applicable to Charities and Institutions of a Public Character (IPCs) due to limited resources dedicated to these necessary functions.
Following the wake of recent events that drew public attention to mismanagement issues and lack of governance in charities and religious organisations, NPOs are now under greater scrutiny with the implementation of tighter regulatory requirements and increased transparency demands.
Dealing with Unique Challenges
Charged with juggling these new responsibilities, NPOs are forced to operate in a leaner manner and find more efficient ways to deploy manpower. This has resulted in a sharp rise in demand for experienced partners to alleviate strain and keep operations running smoothly.
How We Can Help
- Rules & regulations applicable to charities & IPCs
- Board effectiveness
- Succession planning
- Risk assessment
- Corporate governance – "Comply or explain"
- Company incorporation
- Accounting outsourcing
- Technology & information
- Client management system
We have a dedicated NPO Practice Team with experience working with numerous clients, including large societies and companies limited by guarantee, across diverse sectors with primary activities related to:
(Public schools, institutes of higher learning)
International non-profit organisations
(e.g. Inter-governmental organisations, non-governmental organisations)
Sports (National sports associations)
Community and youth associations
(e.g. Hospitals, clinics, health-related foundations)
Other non-profit or social objectives
(e.g. Clubs, clans, chambers of commerce)
Arts and heritage
We track pressing trends and challenges encountered by NPOs and assess the implications for our clients. Combining in-depth knowledge with technical expertise, we deliver holistic solutions with real-world practicality.
- Dedicated NPO practice since 2007
- Extensive experience serving NPO clients across many different sectors
- Expertise in the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, the Charities Accounting Standard, and the Code of Corporate Governance for Charities and IPCs
- High partner, director and manager involvement
- End-to-end services and capabilities
- Expertise in compliance with legislation governing charities and IPCs
For more information on how we assist NPOs, click here.
|NPO Practice Insights|
- Implementing an effective governance system in charities
- How should non-profit organisations (NPOs) take the right risks?
|How We Help Clients|